Archive for the Community Category

Dublin 4 lights up with the True Meaning of Christmas

Continuing a tradition since 2005 Mr Tilly’s Christmas Lights will once more illuminate the skies over Bath Avenue this festive season. Hope forged in loss, Liam Tilly’s altruistic act was inspired following the passing of his beloved wife Rita at […]

Read more

Wetherspoons to open new docklands premises

Wetherspoons to open new docklands premises

British owned establishment, JD Wetherspoons, will be opening another pub in central Dublin next week.

Read more

Santa Cycle, brain injury & a story of bravery

Santa Cycle, brain injury & a story of bravery

Every charity needs a little help from the public around this time of year, and why not help a worthwhile cause while being Santa-tastic at the same time? On Sunday the 5th of December at 4pm, the Laurels Cycle Crew will set off on their way, cycling 20km to raise money for the brain injury charity Headway.

Read more

A New Initiative Could Play a Major Part in Ending Homelessness: Irishtown locals co-found Lanu – an exciting housing startup project

David Prendeville A new proptech startup company, Lanu, which takes its name from the Irish word Leathnú – meaning extend – was recently co-founded by two Irishtown locals. It has also been announced that it is one of two housing […]

Read more

New Christmas Song for Peter McVerry Trust

New Christmas Song for Peter McVerry Trust

A brand new Christmas song has been released by Friends of Peter McVerry Trust, to raise some very much needed funds for homeless services at this special, but difficult time of the year for some.

Read more

The Importance of Hope

Paula Moen My name is Paula Moen. I live in Ringsend and for as long as I can remember I have always loved the idea of vintage – from home furnishings to fashion. It is sustainable and often unique. I […]

Read more

Big Beach Clean-up

After a break in 2020, the Big Beach Clean was back again this year, where a record number of over 400 clean-ups were organised by volunteers who removed 42 tonnes of litter across the country. In addition, more volunteers joined […]

Read more

On Yer Bike! Donnybrook and Irishtown Gardaí Go the Extra Mile for Critically ill Children

Fancy cycling from Donnybrook to Kilkenny? Well that’s exactly what 35 dauntless guards from Donnybrook and Irishtown stations (known as the ‘E’ district) did on a crisp sunny September day just past when they took on the arduous 120km journey […]

Read more

Ballsbridge Lions Club Host a successful fundraising event that brings the Parish Hall on Haddington Road to life on a Sunday Afternoon.

Ballsbridge Lions Club Host a successful fundraising event that brings the Parish Hall on Haddington Road to life on a Sunday Afternoon.

On Sunday Afternoon 19th September Ballsbridge Lions Club hosted a fundraising Afternoon Tea and the last of The Summer Wine event as part of an initiative to raise funds to install five Life Saving Defibrillators in Key locations in our […]

Read more

Enjoy Xmas in November! : RCSF Christmas Market

Are you craving a bit of joy in November, the type of holly-jolly joy that can only come from a Christmas market? If so, you’re in luck! On November 26th, The Ringsend Community Services Forum will be hosting an xmas fair, sponsored by Google and in partnership with the DCC, from 4pm to 8pm in the Irishtown Sports Stadium.

Read more