Archive for the Community Category

Michael’s Mad About Meat

Michael's Mad About Meat

Michael Byrne of Michael Byrne & Sons butchers at 92 Sandymount Road, gave me a tour of the new facilities in the shop when I met him recently. Michael started work at a butchers and dairy in Sandymount called Hayden’s […]

Read more

Neighbour of the Year Award

Neighbour of the Year Award

Broadcaster Ryan Tubridy and Eileen Colgan, who plays Esther Roche in Fair City’s Carrigstown, joined the residents of St. Brendan’s Cottages in Irishtown, Dublin 4, to launch the ‘Neighbour of the Year’ Award, as part of the 2012 People of […]

Read more

Out For Coffee… With Anne Ingle

Out For Coffee... With Anne Ingle

Ann Ingle’s idea of a coffee consists of lunch, and so we meet in Dublin’s Bewleys Café on Grafton Street. As we enter the hall, it looks like a lustrous scene straight from the movie ‘Titanic’ – with its old […]

Read more

Learning From Each Other

Learning From Each Other

With businesses keen to enhance their reputations and community and charitable organisations in dire need of resources, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has never been so vital. The ethos of CSR is no longer simply about companies ‘giving back’ to the […]

Read more

Horror Hotspots

Horror Hotspots

With Halloween just around the corner I decided to take a bike ride around the local area to find out where our top horror hotspots are. First stop Misery Hill, Grand Canal Quay. In the 1500s, Misery Hill was home […]

Read more

An Autumn Approach

An Autumn Approach

There was an Autumnal feeling in the air as I walked up the recently restored Dodder walkway. The light of the sun was reflecting off the giant glass dome that is the Aviva Stadium. The water in the Dodder was […]

Read more

Open House at Poolbeg

Open House at Poolbeg

The famous power station is among the many buildings open to the public in October How much value do you place on the buildings that make up your city? Do you see them as merely bricks and mortar, some of […]

Read more

Katie Wins Modelling Contract

Katie Wins Modelling Contract

A local Ringsend girl has become Ireland’s next star model. Katie Chesher, left, was chosen as part of Irish Tatler magazine’s Star Model Search, which took place in the RDS at the Ultimate Girls’ Day Out event. The competition was […]

Read more

The Lost Boys

The Lost Boys

Just off Dame Street there just happens to be two Starbucks practically next to each other. The venue was chosen mainly because it’s the cheapest venue to host a chat about mental health and youth unemployment. Due to the economic […]

Read more

Your Number One Priority

Your Number One Priority

There has been a great deal of controversy voiced in the area about the changes to local bus routes, and at NewsFour we have received a number of calls from distraught readers. Up to a few months ago there was […]

Read more
Page 94 of 95« First...1020...939495