Proposed Demolition of Haddington Road School

St Marys school haddington Rd demolition

Due to the demand for school places in the area the Department of Education has sought permission to demolish St. Mary’s Secondary School and replace it with a primary school on Haddington Road.

The two storey convent school for girls was set up in 1901 by Canon William Dillon and originally run by four sisters. Due to declining numbers attending, it closed in 2007.

A site notice was erected on the 22nd of November 2013. If planning permission is granted, Coady Partnership Architects will oversee the demolition and construction of a new 3,850 square metre primary school building, varying in height from three storeys, overall accommodating 24 classrooms.

Photo by Leeza Kane.
By Leeza Kane