Get Snappy with the 2015 NewsFour Photo Competition!
NewsFour are excited to announce the launch of our 2015 photo competition! We will be selecting 12 special photos at the end of this year to be included in NewsFour’s 2016 Calendar. Entry to the competition is open from this April to September 2015.
Every month NewsFour will select a range of photos (up to 20 max) from the entries and NewsFour Facebook followers can vote on the top 5 for that month. These five photos from each month will then go forward to the final, where we will show the finalists at an exhibition in November.
Irish Times photographer Alan Betson will be acting as an independent judge, with his top three picks winning prizes, including a €75 voucher for Dublin Photography School!
The competition is open to absolutely everyone so don’t be shy! The only condition is that the photograph must be about something related to Dublin 4. This could be about people or places in the area. NewsFour will be looking for good quality, high resolution images. It can be from a professional camera or from a smartphone (we recommend 5 megapixel camera or above).
Photos will be selected for originality, novelty, creativity, quality of image, and photographic skill and improvisation. We would like to see all areas of Dublin 4 represented. So get your thinking cap on and go searching through your old rolls of film for that perfect pic or take to the streets and get shooting for a chance to see your favourite local scene in next year’s NewsFour Calendar.
How to Enter
You can enter a photo you may already have captured, or you can set out to capture an image to enter the competition. All you have to do to enter is:
1. Send us your photo file by email to email@example.com and
2. Share the photo on the NewsFour Facebook page.
And remember, you can enter one photo per month in case you think you have several great photos.
Note: if you do not have a Facebook account you can send your print image to our office address but you must include your email in your contact details.
Terms and Conditions:
- You are allowed to enter one photo per month.
- To enter you must send us your photo file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and share the photo on the NewsFour Facebook page.
- If you have a print image you can send the image to our offices but you must include your email in your contact details.
- Entrants must respond to email instructions regarding instructions or notifications about their photo.
- Lack of communication with NewsFour will disqualify. NewsFour employees and relatives are excluded from entry.
- You will retain ownership of your photograph, but by submission of your photo, you are authorising NewsFour to publish the photo on their website, newspaper, calendar publications, or any other publications NewsFour sees fit in connection with promotion of this competition and you waive your rights to any royalties associated with the photo in these NewsFour publications and in this regard.
- Photographs must be in good taste and must not display nudity, profanity, racist, discriminatory, intimidatory, or hateful content of any nature. NewsFour reserve the right to disqualify any photo on the basis of contravening this condition.
- NewsFour will select five extra photos overall in addition to the monthly selections so that there will be 35 photographs and finalists in total at the exhibition.
- Submission of a photograph for entry to the competition authorises NewsFour to contact you by email. If there is a featured person included in the image, the entrant is responsible for obtaining permission from that person for public display.